In the year of 1861, there was only a small little building standing on the spot on which the hotel is located today. The owner of it was Cyril Spáčil, a successful 19th century businessman from Buchlovice. After quite a short time, in 1873, he has torn the building down and built a two-storey inn with accommodation. If we try to delve back into history, we imagine honorable earl Bedřich Berchtold, owner of the local manor, who, despite being used to all the luxury of his chateau, always liked to visit the somewhat more modest environment of the inn. He used to drink a glass of wine and have a chat with his citizens. This great traveler endeavored greatly to the prosperity and bloom of the chateau park, as well as his brother, Leopold Berchtold, who established the local almshouse for the elderly and the sick.
František Strýček, the ancestor of the current owners, was owner of the hotel. Back in that time, the hotel was very frequently visited by the wine-loving officers from the neighboring manor court from where they more or less successfully managed the earl’s extensive forests and fields. The manor court was situated at the spot where you can nowadays find the market place. On 12 September 1899 the inn was acquired by the Novák family and was accordingly renamed to Novák Inn (Hostinec u Nováků).
recalled, that during the turn of the century members of the municipal council were meeting here. Local businessmen, farmers, but also carters heading to Brno, who used the neighboring blacksmith to forge the horseshoes, were welcomed at the inn. Many stories claim that thanks to the great hospitality and good wine the carters did not make it to Brno anymore. In the year of 1909, Jan Novak sold the inn to the Civic meeting society. In the year of 1911 the society attached the Moravian eagle emblem to the brick shield of the building. Accordingly, the hotel was given the name Hotel at the Moravian Eagle (Hotel U Moravske orlice).
of the Civic meeting societies the hotel was sold to Adolf Malý. In 1921 he gave it to his son, Eduard Malý, who has torn down the original building to the ground and built a splendid and very well-designed hotel for the time back then. Despite the fact that tradition was of very big importance to the owner, Eduard Malý, and despite the fact he placed the Moravian eagle emblem back onto the hotel, he renamed it to Hotel Malý. After nationalization, which took place in 1950, the hotel and restaurant were run by the Co-operative Unity (družstvo Jednota) until 1990. Interestingly, the side street of the hotel was called Masaryk street (after the first Czechoslovak president) and remained on the facade of the hotel during the whole time.
to the descendants of the former owners, who have sold it during the following year to a privately held company from Zlin. The company ran the hotel for 3 years and then sold it.
which has also bought the neighboring house and land. The company ran a complete reconstruction of the premises with a far-reaching extension between the years 2000-2003 and brought the complex into its current form.